Sunday 22 May 2011

Salut!


Image via Pinterest




By now my family and I should be aboard the MS Swiss Pearl and starting our sojourn down the Saône and Rhône Rivers into the Heart of France.


Check Point

How you are progressing on your mission and vision journey?


Image via Pinterest

I have gone back over the vision statement I wrote a few years ago in grad school. The questions were similar to those in the thought challenge posted here, but concentrated more specifically on leadership and expanded further into goal setting, action planning and defining successful outcomes. I'll  post more on that in future Artful Learning Labs. For now, let's take a look at my first vision statement...

To live a life filled with love, purpose, and meaning by ensuring life/work balance while remaining committed to my own continuous learning and growth.

I can honestly say that it helped me stay true to myself during some tough times because I believed in it. I could remain clear on what mattered to me and honour my values and beliefs, especially when my self-confidence was threatened by inner feelings of doubt and uncertainty and the contrary thoughts and opinions of others I encountered in my personal and professional life.


Image via Pinterest

This blog is about creating learning opportunities for personal and professional growth. It is holding me accountable to my own dreams. I've done some fine-tuning and I'm feeling excited about the future...

My mission: Connecting people to their purpose.

My personal vision: To live a balanced life guided by Spirit, embraced in love, and purpose fulfilled.

My vision for coaching: Connecting people to their purpose through coaching and leadership development.


Image via Pinterest


Thought Challenge: What do you think about what I have written? How can you use this to inform your own mission and vision statement(s)? What resonates with you? From what you have read so far, how are my values, vision, and mission statement aligned? What would you do differently? What are you taking away from this exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in and lend your voice to The Art